Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Francois Mikulski in Meursault

Since the very 1st bottle I've been a fan of Francois. The 2001 Genevrières we had was spectacular and the 1997 with Clive was also showing very well.


Francois Mikulski is located in Meursault (right on the RN74) and is producing pure, fresh, elegant and long wines. I had the pleasure to visit him last January and it was great to see all the nuances among the different terroirs.

I think that you can judge the quality of a producer by its level entry wines, meaning here Francois' Bourgogne blanc. I have to admit while we were drinking the 2005 Bourgogne, I was already ready to love the wine. Well, I did not have to force myself cause this was a beauty!

This 2005 was drinking like a baby Meursault (I think some declassified Meursault grapes are in the blend). The wine was balanced, showing a nice minerality with an elegant nuttiness along refreshing lemon notes. The finish is lively.

A 2001 Volnay Santenots is to follow very soon...

1 comment:

  1. Please add your email address to your blog. Thanks! (or email me)

    ReplyDelete